AIX reading /etc/environment out of step.

Edward Geraghty edgy at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 24 04:22:44 EST 2002

Actually AIX allready has limited PAM support in AIX v5.1. This is
part of the Linux/AIX integration work. Version 5.2 will have fully
supported
PAM libraries. My guess is they are  building supported modules for DCE/AFS
etc. before it is officially released/supported.

AIX is moving the way of Linux so after many years these differences
should dissapear. They might keep stuff around for backwards compatibility
:(

EdGy

<mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org>@mindrot.org on 01/23/2002 11:48:02

Sent by:    openssh-unix-dev-admin at mindrot.org