X.509 support in ssh (revisited)

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Jan 24 16:16:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> > what exactly would this do?
>
> Build an SSHD that matched the presently loaded configuration or die trying.
> Not really worth talking about until it exists, though.

With installation of system software such as OpenSSH being increasinly
managed by automated tools (rpm, Solaris packages, .debs, etc), and the
building of said software being increasingly done by the packagers, I
can't help but believe that the effort to implement this would be better
spent elsewhere.

-d