OpenSSH and OpenSSL snapshots

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker levitte at stacken.kth.se
Thu Jan 24 20:19:49 EST 2002

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte at stacken.kth.se>

levitte> I'm thinking you're right.  At the same time, I want to retain C type
levitte> security as well as possible.  How about this: I could rename all the
levitte> old functions to _old_des_* and then have cpp macros that map des_* to
levitte> _old_des_*.  That would probably resolve all the issues.

Just saw that others came up with the same thought...

Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ LeViMS at stacken.kth.se
Redakteur at Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
                    \      SWEDEN       \ or +46-733-72 88 11
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- poei at bofh.se
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/
Software Engineer, GemPlus:             http://www.gemplus.com/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.