bug in readconf.c

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Fri Jan 25 12:31:59 EST 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 07:27:19PM -0500, Dan Astoorian wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:15:31 EST, Martin Siegert writes:
> >
> > there is a tiny bug in readconf.c: options->use_privileged_port is always
> > set to 0 regardless of whether -P is specified or not. This has the effect
> > that RhostsAuthentication is disabled even if "RhostsAuthentication yes"
> > is specified.
>
> I don't believe that's a bug.
>
> The documented default for UsePrivilegedPort is 'no', which is what
> readconf.c does.  This default has changed from previous releases.
>
> Try using "-o UsePrivilegedPort=yes" to turn it on.

Yes, you are right this works. Ignore my message.
(I got confused by the -P option: if there is only an option to switch
UsePrivilegedPort off, then the default must be on - wrong as you pointed
out).

Sorry for bugging you.

Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6