X.509 support in ssh (revisited)

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Sat Jan 26 07:15:24 EST 2002

> > We really need a ./configure --with-upgrade to set all paths correctly
such
> > that this occurs more then one out of a hundred times.
>
> If you look at the config.log from the last version, it'll show you the
> flags used to configure...

If I had the config.log from previous builds -- which I may or may not have
even built myself -- this could be useful.  I'm wondering about embedding
this information in sshd itself as a #define ... maybe have the ability to
do something like:

./configure `/usr/sbin/sshd --configure`

to clone the original configuration options.

Mind you, much of what's in ./configure now should be defined at runtime in
sshd_config -- but I'm being pragmatic here.  We're not eliminating all
compile time variations, but maybe we can make them persist from compile to
compile without requiring an auxillary log or gooja search.

Thoughts?

--Dan