Issues with SFTP

Whitaker, Kenneth WhitakerK at MTMC.ARMY.MIL
Wed Jan 30 03:59:29 EST 2002

	I agree with you on prompt (default off) - but it has it uses.

	Thanks for your support.

-----Original Message-----
From: mouring [mailto:mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 11:17 AM
To: Whitaker, Kenneth
Cc: 'openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org'
Subject: Re: Issues with SFTP

> 	Can verbose become implemented in the next version ?

Implement it and it will get in faster.  It is on the global list
of things to do.. (Like my readline patch <sigh>)  But has not
occured.

Better do it quick... I forsee a code freeze in the near future.

> 	The "get *" works ok but need this part to be more useful.
>
>       prompt    Toggle interactive prompting. Interactive  prompt-
>                ing occurs during multiple file transfers to allow
>                the user to selectively retrieve or  store  files.
>                By  default,  prompting is turned on. If prompting
>                is turned off, any mget  or  mput   will  transfer
>                all files, and any mdelete  will delete all files.

I hate prompt.  I hate it.. I hate it..I hate it.  <rant> Why the
hell would I want to be prompted for EVERY file in my mget when
I know what the <BLEEEEEEEEEP> I'm asksing for </rant>  =)  Sorry,
I've never been a fan of 'prompt'.

Markus/Damien, if we consider adding prompt.  I really ask we
have it default 'off' since it is the most annoying thing in the world
to remember. =)

- Ben