Issues with SFTP

Dan Astoorian djast at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Jan 30 05:43:48 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:42:43 EST, Tobias Ringstrom writes:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Whitaker, Kenneth wrote:
>
> > >   - no verbose or indication of bytes transfered (you would do an ls afte
> > > sftp is done)
> >
> > sftp is a unix tool, so it usually cries only on errors.
>
> Still, a ncsftp (c.f. ncftp) tool would be nice, but it would probably be
> a separate package.

Even nicer (IMHO) would be an ftp->sftp proxy, such as the one provided
by MindTerm, so that arbitrary existing FTP user interfaces (such as
ncftp) could be used until the authors of those UIs support SFTP
natively.

I'd love to have the time to write one, but I don't see it happening
anytime soon.

--
Dan Astoorian               People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Sysadmin, CSLab             loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's