Issues with SFTP

mouring mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Jan 30 07:37:46 EST 2002

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:06:23PM -0600, mouring wrote:
> > For those looking watch your 4 or global vars used.  <sigh> I hate
> > globals.. They make things too interesting. =)
>
> Amen!
>
> If use of globals in OpenSSH could be minimized and existing globals
> done away with or stuffed into a context structure and things like
> fatal() replaced with forms that do longjmp() or so and the select()
> loop changed so OpenSSH could fit into an external event loop, then
> there could be a real libssh that allows a single process to have
> multiple ssh connections. That's a lot of work, now.

Umm.. I hate them only because it is hard to steal and reuse function
calls without digging around in the guts of an application.  And half
the time it is faster to rewrite the function then it is to fix the
shoe horn.=)

Besides, I believe we have done a good job trimming down and minimizing
globals. Just some stuff is more pratical in a global space than it is
in a smaller scope.

- Ben