locked account accessable via pubkey auth

Dost, Alexander Alexander.Dost at drkw.com
Wed Jan 30 20:58:25 EST 2002

I can only speak for Solaris (8). But the comand 'passwd -l' is restricted
for root.
I think this behaviour is the same for all Solaris versions, as the only way
to unlock your password is to change it. Then the *LK* string is replaced by
the new password in /etc/shadow. But when you try to change your password
the first thing is to enter your login password, which is locked...

Alex

If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to