jailing transfer-only accounts

James Dennis james at firstaidmusic.com
Tue Jul 2 09:03:24 EST 2002

This has been discussed quite a bit on this mailing list. The general idea is that most of the way's of jailing people are '.' hacks. That's what my patch on chrootssh.sourceforge.net is. Until a proper method is devised and approved by the OpenSSH crew, an officially supported jail function won't be appearing anytime soon. The OpenSSH guys are great at making sure everything is up to par and I definitly appreciate what they're doing, but that's also why there isn't an official jailing feature yet.
Anyone up to the challenge? I'd be happy to help if anyone is seriously interested.
-James
P.S. chrootssh.sourceforge.net has the '.' hack and may or may not be useful. It is not officially supported, but it works quite well for me.