Silly question on DH key exch in ssh

Manik Surtani manik.surtani at conchango.com
Tue Jul 2 19:34:07 EST 2002

Hey all.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I'm developing an open source Java SSH (v2) client API, and need a bit
of help.

1) After receiving the KEXDH_RESPONSE packet, reading SSH Transport
Layer Protocol (March 2002), Section 5.2, Output from Key Exchange:  do
I assume that, in HASH (K || H || "A" || session_id), H is a mpint?  The
spec states that K is a mpint but doesnt specify for H.

2) Also, how do I communicate my public key to the server?  From the
spec, I gather that the next packet to send is a SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS with no
data following ... am I wrong?

Help is very much appreciated...

--
Manik Surtani
Conchango

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E manik.surtani at conchango.com

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.