secureid and CA

PostMaster @ I.O. Ltd. insideout at barak.net.il
Thu Jul 4 11:26:30 EST 2002

Hello to all the Great "crypto" People (... my first time in this list ..)
I'm trying to compile openSSH-3.4p1 with the SecureID patch taken from:
http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/openssh-3.4p1+SecurID_v1.patch
I'm having trouble to compile the patched openSSH over the Cygwin platform.
this is probably since there is no cygwin SecureID agent available , so i'm
using the linux one (Redhat).
does anyone has a solution ?

I've read the archives regarding the issue of secureid agent , and it seems
that openssh would like to base auth over PAM.
as PAM will solve some applications compatibility issues, it won't solve
cases such as cygwin.
as far as I know , there is now PAM port to cygwin.

the aim of all this is to build a BUILT-IN feature in openssh to have auth
option via some kind of
a certification authority CA (like ace server).
that way regardless of the platform (and the local users and so on) ,
it will be possible to auth to the ssh spereaded around in our network.

therefor i'd would like to ask you people to consider again,
to built in openssh feature of secureid agent.

 TIA ,
 Ran Sasson ,
 Inside OutSourcing (I.O.) Ltd.