libcrypto requires libdl

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Fri Jul 5 09:59:49 EST 2002

My libcrypto does dynamic library linking (dlopen(), etc) and
consequently prerequires libdl.  I.e. if you link with -lcrypto, you
must also specify -ldl.  I don't know how unique this situation is to
me, but it causes configure to fail.  The symptom is that configure
complains that libcrypto does not exist (because it does a test link
to test for existence of libcrypto and assumes that any failure means
libcrypto does not exist).

It looks to me like configure needs to try with -ldl too.

Adding -ldl to LDFLAGS made everything work.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California