AIX and Privsep.

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at parallab.uib.no
Fri Jul 5 18:17:23 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 06:06:11PM +1000, Darren Tucker wrote:

> authenticate() sets AUTHSTATE as long as you call it (see earlier thread
> about 4.2.1, -ls and configure.ac)
>
> $ ssh devaix43
> dtucker at devaix43's password:
> dtucker at devaix43> echo $AUTHSTATE
> compat

But it doesn't default to compat like it should (?) if you log in via
pubkey:

% ssh tre
tre% echo $AUTHSTATE

tre%

Other AIX programs calling setpenv() will default to "compat".. Not
having this set seems to have caused med some problems, so I'd like
OpenSSH to set this default as well.

Preferably I'd like OpenSSH to call setpenv() to set up the full AIX
evironment, but I don't know if that can work since setpenv() will
execute the users shell and not limit itself to setting the
environment variables.

  -jf