[jlevine at utcnist.colorado.edu: Privilege separation]

Niels Provos provos at citi.umich.edu
Sat Jul 6 01:33:37 EST 2002

Is this a known problem?

Niels.

----- Forwarded message from Judah Levine <jlevine at utcnist.colorado.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:58:46 -0600 (MDT)
From: Judah Levine <jlevine at utcnist.colorado.edu>
To: provos at citi.umich.edu
Subject: Privilege separation

Hello,
  I have just installed openssh-3.4p1 on a COMPAQ/DEC/HP Alpha running
True64 UNIX v4.0F. The privilege separation option does not seem to
work properly. The syslog error message suggests that the problem is
that the sshd child crashes when it attempts to create an audgen record
after the password has been accepted and authenticated.  The program
appears to work normally if I disable UsePrivilegeSeparation in the
configuration file. I have looked through the various read-me and
configuration files, but I don't see any way to fix this.

Judah Levine
Department of Physics and JILA
University of Colorado

----- End forwarded message -----