FallBackToRsh in 3.4p1

Jeff Newton Jeff_Newton at pmc-sierra.com
Sat Jul 6 02:27:29 EST 2002

Why was FallBackToRsh has been depricated in 3.4p1?  I found this to be
a useful feature for migrating users to SSH.  I wish I could do a
wholesale replacement of telnet and rsh in my environment but that is
not realistic at this point.

I think a better course of action would be to have the option disabled
by default and force those that want it to re-enable.  Heck, you could
even require a configure flag to add it in at compile time.

Any chance FallBackToRsh can be readded in 3.4p2?

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton, CISSP
Information Security Analyst