Traffic accounting patch

Alexander Newald alexander at newald.de
Sat Jul 6 06:02:47 EST 2002

Hello,

I like to force openssh (latest version) to log traffic accounting
information via syslog. I managed to path openssh with a ported version of
the traffic accounting patch for 2.5.1
The ported patch however is not by me.

The problem is that I noticed that sftp subsystem usage is not logged when
clients (the offical ssh client seems to do it) do not log off but simply
disconnect somehow.

I managed to add some code to the source to let openssh even log the data if
a client simply disconnects.

My problem is that I do not find the piece of code that let me recognize the
userid/username of the user currently using the sftp-server executable.

Where can I find the routine that returns the current userid (wthin the
sftp-server code) ?

Thanks,

Alexander Newald