Building 3.4p1 on HP-UX 11.00, gcc, zlib 1.1.4, OpenSSL 0.9.6d

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Sat Jul 13 17:00:20 EST 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Kevin Steves wrote:

> for what it's worth, here is chatr output from my sshd.
> i don't use gcc, and build according to:
> http://www.atomicgears.com/papers/osshhpux.html

I don't have any HP compiler licenses availible for this machine,
so it's either use gcc here or juggle some zlib and OpenSSL bidness
on one of my production build machines [which I'd rather avoid,
the developers already beat the hell out of them].

Thank you VERY much for your paper above - I googled for such
a thing, but never found yours.  I think what I'm going to
do on Monday is reinstall this machine (it's purely for my
own software building uses, no data is stored there) to make
sure I don't have funkiness in all the GNU software I've
installed.  It is possible I've mucked something up, but I'm
still concerned about configure "seemingly" ignoring my
'--with-zlib' option.

Further insight is still VERY much appreciated - I'll let you
know what happens on Monday, if I get a chance to blow that
machine away.

Thanks to everyone that's helped so far!  :)

Benny

Always carry a short length of fibre-optic cable. If
you get lost, then you can drop it on the ground, wait
ten minutes, and ask the backhoe operator how to get
back to civilization.                     -Alan Frame