Problem with OSF1 and Openssh > 3.1p1 and XForwarding

Schincke, Keith kschinck at ems.jsc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 18 04:47:59 EST 2002

OS: Tru64 5.1
OpenSSH version: 3.2.2p1 and higher.
Problem: after upgrading sshd my servers no longer forward X11 connections.

I ran the server as 'sshd -d' and saw that the server was successfully
creating and binding the IPV6 socket but failing to bind the IPV4 socket.
The error message is:
Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.

Also, when channels.c tries to open the forwarded X11 port (6010 -> 7000)
the same error is reported.

OpenSSH 3.1p1 opens a IPV4 socket only and of course succeeds on the X11
forwarding.

Any ideas, corrections and suggestions will be greatly received.

Keith