Patch: Solaris packages don't create privsep user or group

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Thu Jul 18 13:42:27 EST 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Darren Tucker wrote:

> Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> > sshdgid="-g $SSHDGID"
> >
> > same with the sshduid check.
>
> Damn. I missed those when I added the variables. New patch attached.

I've tested the patch. A couple of things.

	if cut -f3 -d: ${PKG_INSTALL_ROOT}/etc/group | egrep '^'67'$' >/dev/null
	then
        	sshdgid="-g 67"
	fi
should be
	if cut -f3 -d: ${PKG_INSTALL_ROOT}/etc/group | egrep '^'67'$' >/dev/null
	then
		:
	else
        	sshdgid="-g 67"
	fi
Same for the /etc/passwd check.

The one that bothers me is that adding the user/group is not optional.

I put a lot of work into being able to build/install a test package
without touching important files on what may be a production system.

I see a couple of options. Add a prompt to request or wrap groupadd/useradd
around a test -z "${TEST_DIR}"

I'm leaning towards adding a prompt to request.

Opinions?

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net