sftp / scp extension

guyverdh at mchsi.com guyverdh at mchsi.com
Sat Jul 20 07:02:48 EST 2002

We have a need to allow for encrypted file transfers around the
internet, but do not wish to expose our systems completely.

What
we would like to see is either an extension to the scp / sftp code to use an
sftp_config or scp_config type file that places restrictions on
directory movement, upload locations, download locations,
etc...

Essentially run the sftp-server or scp code within a
chrooted environment within the users directory could be
sufficient, although allowing more movement / flexibility based on a
config file would be preferable.

If at all possible something
similiar to the ftpaccess file used with wu-ftpd.