[Patch] Improve portability of regression tests

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Jul 23 00:07:41 EST 2002

Markus Friedl wrote:
> > +cat >`pwd`/batch <<EOF
> please use ${OBJ}/batch instead,
> ${OBJ} points to a temporary directory (or it should).

OK, will do.

> sshd only works as 'root' for you? this is probably required
> for PAM.  the ${SUDO} should not be necessary on
> all systems.

What about making it conditional on uname = AIX or something?

AIX doesn't have PAM. It seems to be the call to loginrestrictions() in
auth.c. The man page doesn't say that root privs are needed but I
suspect they are. Without them, you get the following in the syslog:
"Login restricted for dtucker: Your account has been locked; please see
the system administrator." It's lying.

> > * prereqs (pmake, md5sum)
> md5 should just be needed to generate some random content
> for files.

md5 not a big deal to install once you know where to look. I just
mentioned it in case anyone else needs it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG Fingerprint D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69