Kerberos-4 client configuration

kumar kumareshind at gmx.net
Tue Jul 23 01:55:35 EST 2002

Hi all,

I want to configure Kerberos as the authenticating service for Secure
Shell.I am using a Linux machine as the KDC.
I have successfully configured the server (Linux machine) as KDC.
My client machine is HP-UX Version 11.11.
Now when i initialize the client for kerberos by running "kinit" in the
HP-UX machine(client), it displays
"kinit: Time is out of bounds (krb_rd_req)".
Documents educated me to use NTP to synchronize the time of the server and
the client.I could run service "ntpd" in server(Linux machine).
So anybody please educate me how to synchronize the two machine's time so
that i can use the kerberos service.

Thanks in advance.
-Kumaresh.