Kerberos-4 client configuration

kumar kumareshind at gmx.net
Tue Jul 23 04:06:04 EST 2002

Thanks for all your responses.I could manage to sync the time.But i found
trouble in making the services to communicate through Kerberos.

Any good tutorial available for kerberos authentication setup.
I am using a tutorial
http://www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb/doc/kth-krb_4.html
This helped me more to set the server and the client.

The above tutorial contains one info like this:
-------
"If no matching realm is found in `krb.realms', DNS is searched for the
correct realm.
For example, if we are looking for host `a.b.c', `krb4-realm.a.b.c' is first
tried and then
`krb4-realm.b.c' and so on. The entry should be a TXT record containing the
name of
the realm, such as:

krb4-realm.pdc.kth.se.  7200    TXT     "NADA.KTH.SE"
Where should we add this line?To what file we have to add this line?

I am using a client machine running HP-UX (11.11) , kerberos-IV, Version
1.1.4.
Server Linux(2.4.17) , kerberos-IV version 1.1.4 as the server.Do we have to
add any entry in DNS to use kerberos?

thanks,
Kumaresh