pam problems with securid patch

Edward Quick edwardquick at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 00:18:24 EST 2002

Hi,

I have the securID patch applied to openssh3.4p-1 and it's compiled with
pam. The problem I'm getting is that SecurID auth works OK, but normal
password auth doesn't. I narrowed down the failure to the following section
in auth-pam.c :

__pampasswd = password;

        pamstate = INITIAL_LOGIN;
        pam_retval = do_pam_authenticate(
            options.permit_empty_passwd == 0 ? PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK :
0);

but I can't see how this works.  Can anyone enlighten me please? I know that
the password is correct but pam_retval is still not equal to PAM_SUCCESS.

Cheers,

Ed.