CRC errors RedHat 6/PuTTY/openssh 3.4

Andrew Daviel andrew at andrew.triumf.ca
Thu Jul 25 09:27:29 EST 2002

I recently upgraded my servers to 3.4p1 and have been having a problem
connecting with an old Windows SSH1 client by Cedomir Igaly, and also with
PuTTY which I just downloaded. I get a "CRC error".
This is with OpenSSH that I built from the SRPM, setting the flag
in the spec file for RHL 6.
My RH6 ssh talks both ways to OpenSSH_2.9.9 (RedHat patch) and to
sshd 3.4 on RedHat 7.2.
My Windows clients talk to the sshd 3.4 on RedHat 7.2 and to OpenSSH_2

OpenSSH for Windows seems to talk to my RH6 sshd, as does WinSCP, but I'm
not sure about other clients. I'd like to use a graphical ssh Windows
client (or at least one where I can have scrollbars and black-on-white
text, instead of DOS box grey-on-black)

Any suggestions ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada