Kerberos V help

kumar kumareshind at gmx.net
Fri Jul 26 20:54:07 EST 2002

Hello All,
I am using Kerberos-V in my machine (HP-UX version 11.11) and i successfully
installed it.

When i run the setup service
# /opt/krb5/sbin/krb5setup
options entered:
----------------
1) Configure as a Primary Security Server
2) Default Security mechanism DES-MD5
3) Do you want to stash the principal database key on your local disk (y/n)?
[y] : n
4) Secondary security server - q (skipped)
6) Realm name : TESTDOMAIN.COM
        /opt/krb5/krb.conf moved to /opt/krb5/krb.conf.keep

        /opt/krb5/krb.realms moved to /opt/krb5/krb.realms.keep

        /opt/krb5/kpropd.ini moved to /opt/krb5/kpropd.ini.keep

        Creating krb.conf and krb.realms files
        Copying admin_acl_file and password.policy file onto KRB5_ROOT dir

        You will be prompted for the database Master Password.
        It is important that you DO NOT FORGET this password.

        Enter Password: <password entered>
        Re-enter Password: <password re-entered>

kerberos_config[64]: 3664 Abort(coredump)
ERROR:   Unable to create the database.
Press 'Enter' Key to go back to the main menu...

Also when i run kadmin
# ./kadmin
Enter password: ******
The error is :
-------------
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dce_g_ipv6_enabled (data)  from
/usr/lib/libd4r.1
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol: getservbyname_r (code)  from
/opt/krb5/lib/libk5.sl
Abort(coredump)

Suggestions to fix the problem is most welcomed and advance thanks for help.

regards
Kumaresh.
kumaresh_ind at gmx.net
kumareshind at gmx.net