question about temporarily_use_uid()

Aus Tyger austyger at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 07:54:47 EST 2002

hi..

can someone please explain to me what does the
function temporarily_use_uid() in uidswap.c do?
I'm trying to build ssh-3.1p1 for dgux. the
compilation went fine. however, failed when trying to
connect to the server. the reason is getgroups
function in temporarily_use_uid() has a limit
NGROUPS_MAX. this is defined to be 8 on dgux(limits.h)

but for the group I belong to , there are more than 8
members. (and there are other groups on the system
have more than 8 members). And when I ruduce the group
member to 8. everything worked fine.

the error message is
getgroups: invalid argument.

Can I safely skip the temporarily_use_uid() function,
what would be the consequences of doing so..
thanks very much..

PS. i'm not on this list. please reply to my email
address. thanks again.