AFS/kerberos build problems

Gedaliah Wolosh gwolosh at njit.edu
Sat Jun 15 01:38:45 EST 2002

I am trying to build openssh-3.2.3p1 on solaris8 with support for afs
token passing.  I have the KTH-kerberos 4.1.1.1 libraries installed.

The configure script generates the following warnings

checking krb.h usability... no
checking krb.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: krb.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: krb.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: krb.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for krb.h... yes

The build fails at this point --

"./auth.h", line 114: cannot find include file: <kafs.h>
"monitor_wrap.c", line 613: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with
prototype:
        prototype: pointer to const char : "/usr/include/string.h", line
72
        argument : pointer to unsigned char
cc: acomp failed for monitor_wrap.c
make: *** [monitor_wrap.o] Error 2

Any suggestions

Gedaliah Wolosh, Ph.D.				973 596-5437
New Jersey Institute of Technology		Fax 596-2306
323 King Blvd 	GITC 2203			gwolosh at njit.edu
Newark, NJ 07102