pointer warnings

Jack Nerad jnerad at cimedia.com
Tue Jun 25 07:10:24 EST 2002

I'm trying to resolve a problem I'm getting from a Redhat 6.2
distribution.

When I compile OpenSSH 3.3p1 with OpenSSL 0.9.6d gcc 2.95,
glibc-2.1.3-22, I get problems with

In file included from /usr/include/string.h:346,
                 from includes.h:30,
                 from ssh-keyscan.c:9:
/usr/include/bits/string2.h: In function `__strcpy_small':

and then a whole series of lines that look like:

ssh-keyscan.c:790: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic

The error does not only occur in ssh-keyscan.c, but when every file is
compiled.  Is it safe to ignore this, or do I need to resolve it
somehow?

--
Jack Nerad