Help wanted: configure test for busted mmap

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Jun 26 00:09:50 EST 2002

Understood... Those lacking mmap() or bad enough that can't be used
will have to live without Compression feature on the server side.  Or live
without privsep

Why?  Personally I refuse to commit SysV Shm based code because the whole
SysV Shm is a piece of shit waiting for a race condition.

If Kevin or Damien want to commit such stuff that's their choice, but I
won't touch it.

Now is a good time to harrass your vendors about putting in mmap() for
those with UNIXes that are still actively developed.

- Ben