Public Key Authentication Bug

Russell "Elik" Rademacher russell at rademacher.org
Wed Jun 26 01:45:30 EST 2002

    Greetings all.

    I usually don't get involved in the mailing lists unless it is of a major
importance.  Here is a new problem that came up with the 3.3.p1 version, which I
already reported to the Mandrake Developers on their RPM build.  Basically, it
boils down to this.

    In the Priv Seperation Mode or not, the public Key Authentication is
throughly broken on all 3 versions of Keys, RSA1, RSA, and DSA versions.  It
applies to SSH1 and SSH2.  This is reported on 7.2 version Mandrake with the
2.2. Kernel Build.  I am still working on testing it on the 2.4 Kernel Build to
see how it works out on the Redhat.  This SSH Build have a patch from Solar
Designer which is made to make it work on 2.2 Kernel.

    But other than that, the functionality of the SSH is perfect and working as
usual.  Just no Public Key Authentication.