openssh-3.3p1 and SPARC

Phil Howard phil-openssh-unix-dev at ipal.net
Wed Jun 26 12:12:06 EST 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:37:49PM -0700, Bob Van Cleef wrote:

| I just attempted to install openssh-3.3p1 on a Sparc box running
| linux kernel 2.2.14-5.0    However any attempt to connect to the
| daemon causes a crash. (See below)
|
| Given the current security issue, will there be an available option
| for running the up coming 3.4 release on a Linux 2.2 kernel?

That depends on what this strange mmap(65536) call is trying to do.
What I know is that 3.3p1 works for me, but I'm on kernel 2.4.18,
so that could be why.  I've read some people saying the problem is
with shared anonymous mmap, but that doesn't seem right to me because
I have used shared anonymous mmap with the 2.2 kernel.

| mmap(65536): Invalid argument

I seem to remember mmap() having 6 arguments, not 1.  So I have no
idea what this message really means, especially the 65536 part.