Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Jun 26 12:21:58 EST 2002

Once upon a time, Steve VanDevender <stevev at darkwing.uoregon.edu> said:
> I, personally, would much rather have a patch that fixes the real
> security problem now for the platforms for which privilege separation is
> problematic (like Tru64 UNIX with C2 security) so that my systems will

The next release will support privsep on Tru64 for pre-auth but not
post-auth.

As far as I can see, post-auth privsep just won't work for post-auth on
Tru64.  setup_session_sia() needs to be called as root, and if a PTY is
to be allocated, needs to be called after the PTY is allocated and
connected to the client.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>