debug output when ssh'ing a remote host

Courtin Bert b.courtin at t-online.net
Wed Jun 26 18:47:32 EST 2002

Hi list,

I'm not sure whether this (see below) is a "bug" or a feature but as I cannot find any information on this neither in the INSTALL file nor via ./configure --help or somewhere else, I would like to ask you whether there is an answer to my question.

Thanx a lot & kind regards - have a nice day,
B. Courtin

Question:
---------
I lately updatet from OpenSSH 3.0.1p1 to OpenSSH 3.3p1 by compiling the sources on my solaris 2.8 box with gcc. Everything works fine exept one thing that sort of annoys me: When ssh'ing (or scp'ing) a host I get debug output even when I haven't specified the "-v" option (see below). What causes this behaviour resp. how can I stop ssh behave this way. Recompile with some other config option?  (btw: I used "./configure --prefix=/opt/OpenSSH --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh")

I appreciate your feedback.

x at y # /opt/OpenSSH/bin/ssh -l root somehost
debug: Forwarding authentication connection.
debug: channel 0: new [authentication agent connection]
debug: channel 0: OUTPUT_OPEN -> OUTPUT_WAIT_DRAIN [rvcd IEOF]
debug: channel 0: OUTPUT_WAIT_DRAIN -> OUTPUT_CLOSED [obuf empty, send OCLOSE]
debug: channel 0: shutdown_write
debug: channel 0: INPUT_OPEN -> INPUT_WAIT_DRAIN [read failed]
debug: channel 0: shutdown_read
debug: channel 0: INPUT_WAIT_DRAIN -> INPUT_WAIT_OCLOSE [inbuf empty, send IEOF]
debug: channel 0: INPUT_WAIT_OCLOSE -> INPUT_CLOSED [rcvd OCLOSE]
debug: channel 0: full closed
Last login: Wed Jun 26 10:43:51 2002 from antherhost
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000
#

./configure reportet:

              Host: sparc-sun-solaris2.8
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized
Preprocessor flags:  -I/usr/local/include
      Linker flags:  -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
         Libraries:   -lz -lsocket -lnsl  -lcrypto