final build.

Petri Kaukasoina kaukasoi at elektroni.ee.tut.fi
Wed Jun 26 19:46:16 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 04:28:52AM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:46:19AM +0300, Petri Kaukasoina wrote:
> | If you remove your /usr/lib/libcrypto.so symbolic link then openssh links
> | that library statically even though it links other libraries dynamically.
>
> That does not seem to be happening.

I don't understand.

> Is there an option to tell the configure script to just assume it is
> missing?  At whatever point in the configure logic it makes that
> determination, it should have an option to specifically override.  I could
> not find it when I looked a few OpenSSH versions back.

When you do the final linking of the binary and there is '-lcrypto' on the
line, ld links against libcrypto.so if the link is there and against
libcrypto.a if that is all there is. (You could have libcrypto.so.0 and
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 to make old binaries work because ld does not look for
them).