No TTY prealloc; Tru64 can't do post-auth privsep

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jun 28 03:53:54 EST 2002

Well, after digging around and thinking some more, I'm giving up on the
idea of preallocating a TTY to get post-auth privsep working on Tru64.
I don't think it will work, because just allocating a TTY doesn't fix
the problem - there's no valid way to tie that TTY back to the client
process (because it hasn't requested a TTY yet and may not ever do so).
The problem is that the Tru64 session setup routines may require a TTY
for interaction with the client (changing expired passwords for example)
or for notifying the client that the account is locked, expired, etc.
The interactive cases obviously don't work on non-TTY logins right now,
but I don't want to break them for the TTY cases too where they
currently work.

Just add Tru64 to the set of platforms that can't do post-auth privsep
(I still don't think it should be flagged as BROKEN_FD_PASSING because
FD passing does work on Tru64, but whatever).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>