UsePrivilegeSeparation: "fatal: xrealloc: out of memory"

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Jun 28 05:55:56 EST 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Jason R.Mastaler wrote:

> Ben Lindstrom <mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org> writes:
>
> > Do something for me..
> >
> >  do Privsep w/out -C .. do you have this issue?
>
> No, I do not.  Bingo.

$ grep MM_MEMSIZE *.c
monitor.c:#define MM_MEMSIZE    65536
monitor.c:              mon->m_zback = mm_create(NULL, MM_MEMSIZE);
monitor.c:              mon->m_zlib = mm_create(mon->m_zback, 20 *
MM_MEMSIZE);

So we have 65k pages... and we allocate 20 of them we hit 1Meg worth of
mmap() for sharing the actually for zlib.  If I read the code right (come
someone verify?)

So.. Unless there is a memory leak somewhere I'm not sure why sshd would
grow such.

- Ben