sshd and file descriptors

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Jun 28 06:37:56 EST 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Phil Howard wrote:
> IMHO, anyone who needed the package manager to restart the service
> for them because they forget to restart, or didn't know they needed
> to restart, isn't qualified to be a system administrator.

Come back when you're really administering systems, not your own or a
friend's, and possibly a company's 5-10 servers.

When you have 50 or 100 systems you want to upgrade, _you don't_ go around
by manually upgrading RPM's and restarting the daemons.

Automatic unattended RPM updates are the key, and restarting the service
is a big win.

Crap.. this is really offfffffff-topic now..