Solaris packaging

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Sat Jun 29 01:45:29 EST 2002

--On Friday, June 28, 2002 2:12 PM +0100 James Campbell
<jc at np.ph.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> 4) Need to provide "response" file so that dont need interaction
>    to install!! - I do all install via jumpstart scripts etc.
>    otherwise you get:

_You_ need to provide a response file, based on your answers to the request
script's questions. My answers to the request script wouldn't be very
useful to you, unless we think alike. A response file can be generated from
a request script using the packaging tools (do a "man pkgask").

Now, if the request script is doing something naughty, such that the
response file doesn't work properly, submit a bug report.

--
Carson