RPMs and initscripts on RH 6.x

Florin Andrei florin at sgi.com
Sat Jun 29 09:06:56 EST 2002

Why the OpenSSH RPMs depend on initscripts >= 5 for RH6x?

I just rebuilt the 3.4p1 packages on Red Hat 6.1 (yeah, i know), using
initscripts-4.some.version.or.the.other (whatever was the last update to
that package) and it worked just fine.
Of course, i had to tweak the spec, otherwise it would refuse to budge,
but AFAICT it's working fine now.

I suggest to downgrade the dependency in the spec file.

--
Florin Andrei

"You can get excited about just any subject if you study it enough.
It's the deep knowledge that makes a topic interesting." - Larry McVoy