Update to solaris package creation (init script links)

Peter Watkins peterw at usa.net
Fri Mar 1 04:18:39 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:53:20AM -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I prefer hard links too. Anyone else vote for this?

I generally prefer soft links -- it seems odd that after
 cd /etc/init.d; mv foo foo.old; mv foo.new foo
you'd still have the old script executed. But hard links are what
Sun uses for its SysV S/K entities, so I see the logic. Basically
I don't like how Sun does it, but understand the logic of OpenSSH
behaving in the same manner as the OS vendor; that's probably the
better way to behave, for consistency's sake. :-(

-Peter