Packet sizes from ssh 2 session, ssh 1 session and telnet

Taylor, Bill bill.taylor at esker.com
Fri Mar 1 06:24:46 EST 2002

I have built an emulation connection method which uses ssh 1 or 2
connections.

We have a speed problem and it seems the way I have done things a simple "ps
-ax" result
will be a number of 40-80 byte packets from ssh 2, a number of about 250
byte
packets in ssh 1 and telnet sends about 1000 byte chunks. Did I set the
sessions
up wrong? Is this configurable somehow?

When I did a ssh -2 host from an openssh 3.0.2 system to another one the
behaviour
seemed similar as with my midified code base.

????

Bill Taylor
608-219-4430