Solaris buildpkg.sh: postinstall script added

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sun Mar 3 14:22:02 EST 2002

Hmm.. Not the package management's job to handle restarting of sevices.
+ if [ -f $PIDDIR/sshd.pid ]
+ then
+         pid=\`cat $PIDDIR/sshd.pid\`
+         if ps -p \$pid | grep sshd >/dev/null
+         then
+                 echo "Stopping sshd (pid \$pid)."
+                 kill \$pid
+         fi
+ fi

I don't like the idea.  I have personally never liked it.  I'd rather
have the post install script inform the admin that they must restart sshd
for the new version to take affect.

Reason being is there are times you install upgrade packages for
general testing, and you don't want them to kill your known good
sshd.  Even on test platforms.. =)  It makes people very growly when
they have to get up from their desks and restat sshd from the sun
console. =)

- Ben