Fwd: SFTP and alphabetical directory listings

Jason Kau jkau at jasper.k12.ga.us
Wed Mar 6 08:05:33 EST 2002

Hello,

I apologize if this is not the appropriate mailing list for this question.

Is there a reason why the "sftp" client included with OpenSSH does not present
an alphabetical listing of files when you do "ls"?

I use the OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 "sftp" client on Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Digital
UNIX.  Is this the expected behavior and is there any way to make it do
alphabetical directory listings or do I need to delve into the code and add
this functionality myself?

Thanks!

--
Jason Kau