OpenSSH-3.1p1 Solaris build with /dev/random

Matt Studley mjs at ams.org
Fri Mar 8 06:42:40 EST 2002

has anyone had a problem building 3.1p1 with Solaris 8 (2/02 release)?
That release of Solaris was the first (I believe) to incorporate their own
/dev/random which OpenSSH 3.1 doesn't seem to like too much.  When I run
the configure, it reports that Random Number Source is set to use the
rand-helper.  If I use the ANDIrand Solaris package as my /dev/random, It
configures properly (Random Number Source is set to OpenSSL internal
ONLY).  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Matt Studley
American Mathematical Society
UNIX Sys Admin        		  "Quantum Mechanics -
mjs at ams.org			  	The dreams that stuff is made of"