--prefix at runtime

mandar at webchat.chatsystems.com mandar at webchat.chatsystems.com
Fri Mar 8 11:21:07 EST 2002

Does OpenSSH support using a different --prefix at runtime? I have
different customers installing ssh in different locations, and I'd really
prefer to maintain one build for them, and only have them change their
runtime environment as appropriate.

Usually, the order is

1. Is --prefix defined on the command line? If not,

2. Is prefix defined via an environment variable? If not,

3. Use compiled in --prefix

I was wondering if something similar already exists, or do we need to code
this in...haven't dug through the code to check..thanks :-)

Mandar Mirashi
Maintainer: ftp.undernet.org, Undernet IRC FAQ.
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/alt.irc.undernet
For IRC help/Undernet information, check out http://www.undernet.org