Logging of client commands, possible?

RGiersig at a1.net RGiersig at a1.net
Tue Mar 12 00:38:42 EST 2002

Hi folks,

sorry if this has been discussed before, I did a quick search on the
mailing list but found nothing pertinent.

My question: is it possible to log all data that is sent from the ssh
client to the sshd server?

Rationale:  I'd like to log all commands that users execute when being
logged in via ssh.  And I mean all, as the system in question is a
sensitive production server, so the shell history isn't quite
sufficient.

I've found nothing in the manpages, only syslog levels (DEBUG1..4) are
mentioned.  A cursory glance through the CVS source didn't show any
logging facilities and didn't answer the question if the syslog level
debugging can handle that, so I'm asking the developers.

Has this concept been discussed before?

Thanks in advance,

Roland
RGiersig at cpan.org