Problem with buildpkg.sh

emsecrist emsecrist at micron.com
Thu Mar 14 04:01:30 EST 2002

I am attempting to successfully run the buildpkg.sh script which is located
in the contrib/solaris directory. I am receiving the following error:

Building pkginfo file...
Building prototype file...
Building package..
## Building pkgmap from package prototype file.
## Processing pkginfo file.
pkgmk: ERROR: parameter <VERSION> cannot be null
## Packaging was not successful.
pkgtrans: ERROR: unable to complete package transfer
    - no packages were selected from
</var/tmp/openssh-3.1p1/contrib/solaris>

I have read the README, and the only step that I am unsure about is the
first one. Excuse me if this is dumb question, but what is the CVS tree?
When I attempt to run step #1, which is make -F Makefile.in distprep, I get
an error. I am assuming since I don't know what the CVS tree is, that I am
ok to skip this step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.