OpenSSH on mips-sony-bsd

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at tutrp.tut.ac.jp
Fri Mar 15 19:43:56 EST 2002

Dear developpers,

I have some problem with the latest openssh available via CVS. The target
host is detected as mips-sony-bsd, SONY NEWS-OS 4.2.1R, which is an old
type OS based on 4.3BSD.

At first, this system has VSTATUS defined but no _POSIX_VDISABLE which
both are used in openbsd-compat/readpassphrase.c.

Second, some header files on this OS do not include <sys/types.h> and it
causes many syntax error. For example, dev_t used in <sys/stat.h> and
defined in <sys/types.h>. I checked the openssh source and found that a
directive about <sys/types.h> is defined in config.h.in but it is not used
in configure (and configure.ac).

To fix these problem, I made a very ad-hoc patch. Here is.